Real Estate Market Report for September 2018 Tucson, Arizona
October 24, 2018, Author: Kevin Wood
Highlights of Tucson’s Residential Housing Market for September 2018:
*** Watch the video below ***
September 2018 Tucson, Arizona Housing Market Report
Every month the Tucson Association of Realtors Multiple Listing service shares a
monthly housing report for Tucson. Here are the residential housing numbers for
Here are 10 key Statistics for September 2018 Residential Sales in Tucson:
• Total Sales Volume of $287,318,178 is a drop from $349,507,394 in August
resulting in a 17.79% decrease.
• The Average Sales Price of $248,760 is an decrease of 4.20% from
$259,663 last month.
• Average List Price of $253,924 is a decrease of 4.15% from
$264,923 in August.
• Total Under Contract of 1,613 is a decrease of 13.23% since August’s
number of 1,859.
• Total Unit Sales of 1,155 is a decrease of 14.19% since last month’s
number of 1,346 and a decrease of 4.70% since September 2017.
• The Median Sales Price of $210,000 is an decrease of 3.20% from
$216,950 in August but up 1.49% from last year’s number of $206,915.
• New Listings of 1,780 is an increase of 1.42% from 1,755 in August.
• Total Active Listings of 3,210 is an increase from 2,944 in August and a
decrease of 10.51% since last year.
• Average Days on Market remained at 38 this month, the same as last
• Conventional loan sales of 47.9% exceeded Cash Sales of 21.8%
Buying or Selling? See what the charts below mean to you
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IF YOU’RE A………..
Interest rates are around 5% and will continue to rise for the next year. Take advantage of the low cost of money while it’s still below 6%.
Remember as the interest rates continue to rise buying power decreases. Therefore, you won’t see the sharp gains in home values as you did this year. Price right, lead the market (be the best value in your neighborhood), and adjust quickly if you have less than 8 showings and no offers in the first three weeks.