Tucson, Arizona Real Estate Market Report for December 2018
January 30, 2019, Author: Kevin Wood
Highlights of Tucson’s Residential Housing Market for December 2018:
*** Watch the video below ***
December 2018 Tucson, Arizona Housing Market Report
Every month the Tucson Association of Realtors Multiple Listing service shares a
monthly housing report for Tucson. Here are the residential housing numbers for
Here are 10 key Statistics for December 2018 Residential Sales in Tucson:
• Total Sales Volume of $271,585,079 is down from $294,286,393 in November
resulting in a 7.62% decrease.
• The Average Sales Price of $251,255 is a decrease of 2.84% from
$258,599 last month.
• Average List Price of $256,519 is a decrease of 3.09% from
$264,688 in November.
• Total Under Contract of 1,203 is a decrease of 17.83% since November’s
number of 1,464.
• Total Unit Sales of 1,082 is a decrease of 4.92% since last month’s
number of 1,183.
• The Median Sales Price of $205,000 decreased 6.39% from
$219,000 in November and is exactly the same number as December 2017.
• New Listings of 1,285 have decreased 19.44% from 1,595 in November.
• Total Active Listings of 3,212 are a decrease from 3,332 in November.
• Average Days on Market increased from 38 to 40 this month.
• Conventional loan sales of 47.2% exceeded Cash Sales of 23.1%
Buying or Selling? See what the charts below mean to you
What the experts are saying:
“Despite the headwinds facing the housing market going into 2019, we expect U.S. house prices to generally achieve a soft landing. While we are likely to see more than a few metros experience negative house price growth in the coming years, we expect national average price appreciation to remain positive.”
“The slowdown in home sales and home prices in 2018 was concentrated on the high end of the market and along the more expensive coastal and formerly hot markets. While interior housing markets exhibited a slowdown, it was milder than the slowdown in coastal markets.”